TheBanyanTree: "NEXT!"

Mike Pingleton pingleto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 12:02:43 PST 2009

The Boy pursued Molly throughout last fall and this winter, Molly
declining to be caught because:

- The Boy is a junior, and Molly is a senior

- Molly's last two boyfriends were immature idiots.

The Boy persisted and, through some romantic prestidigitation on
Valentine's Day, they became a couple.

Three weeks later, it's love on the rocks.  The Boy claims Molly is
smothering him; I think he caught a girl and doesn't know what to
do next.

"Molly is single again" says Facebook.  It doesn't say that Molly is
down in the dumps, but that's a given.

Molly's Aunt Topi raised two girls, and every time a heart was broken,
Topi would just yell "NEXT!!".  There's always another boy.  Nell
reminded Molly of that last night, and later I heard her yell "NEXT!!"

There's always Another Boy.