TheBanyanTree: yard work...the fun never stops

Sachet MountainWhisper at att.net
Wed Jun 24 21:55:26 PDT 2009

I know, just KNOW, that one of us is going to end up in the pond one of
these days. It'll be either Cissy (my Great Dane) or me. Cissy is
fascinated with frogs and loves to make them splash into the pond.
And I am in charge of weed-eating around the pond, mainly because
I like to be able to see it and the guys don't care.

Therefore, the past two weeks it's been my personal mission to carefully
weed around it and yet leave certain grasses in place because I like
the way they look and to help provide natural habitat for the creatures
that live in and around it.

So tonight I was carefully watching my step as I wielded the weed eater
here and there. It's a challenge because the sides are steep in some
places. But I wear my pretty purple flowered rain boots <g> and they help
provide good traction, protect my ankles and feet while also keeping my
feet dry if I misstep.

I love our new weed eater. It's so much quieter than a gas or electric
model, since it's battery operated. It's also a lot lighter, especially
with the battery removed; which I did in order to change to a freshly
charged one. This might explain why I wasn't expecting it to roll when I
laid it down.

A good 3 feet from the pond.

But the front yard slants towards the pond. I just didn't realize quite
how *much*.

Until the weed eater rolled right into the pond.

I was chasing after it, muttering stop, please stop, oh nooooo....but it
just kept on going and I scrambled down the side of the pond right after
it. When it splashed into the water I totally expected it to instantly
sink. But it floated! Away from me, due to the momentum. So I hurriedly
stepped into the water and snagged it. When I stood up water went
sluicing off of it and my heart sank cause I thought I had managed to
ruin it and we've only had it a few weeks. But, when I stuck the battery
back in it, it started right up!

So I got the new battery and finished weed eating.

Away from the pond.

<g>

I think I need to write a letter to Black and Decker! What a great product!

;)