TheBanyanTree: I LOVE Teenaged Boys....

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 08:16:52 PDT 2009

On 7 Jul 2009 at 8:00, Julie Anna Teague wrote:

> I bought him thank you
> cards and told him he MUST respond to people's generosity.

I just suffered through this major ordeal.

More than three weeks ago, we had a graduation party for my son.  He got monetary gifts.
Several of them.  That evening, I asked him to write down the names of everyone who
attended, and mark who gave him gifts.  Then I forgot about it.

After we got home a day or two later, I asked him if he'd done what I asked.  "Whut?"  So I
repeated myself.  Again I forgot about it.

A few days later, I told him he needed to write his thank you notes.  "My whut?"  "Thank you
notes, son.  To the people who made the effort to come to your party, and especially the
ones who gave you gifts.  Remember me asking you write it all down?"  "Oh, yeah.  I
haven't done it yet."

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!

Finally, yesterday I practically had to drag him by the hair, strap him to a chair, and force
him to write his thank you notes.  It took three tries, and addressing the envelopes took
longer than writing the notes!!

I swear, from now on, I'm going to specifically ask people to NOT give him gifts.

Stupid teenagers.

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com