TheBanyanTree: Random

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Mon Jul 6 06:28:55 PDT 2009

My  security lies in my isolation, an isolation that is not unpleasant and
is
often necessary. Without the occasional isolation, I wouldn't survive in
the
world. It'd be too much for me, all at once, and I'd implode with the
strain
of it.

You are not alone, Monique,

While at home I was the eldest of us six, and had bold charge of my
siblings in directing their play, etc, at school, I was the wallflower. a really
late bloomer.

Even now I tend, like you, to wait in the background until a small space
opens up where I may say a word or two.  My best friend is just the
opposite, the belle of the ball, beloved by all after just a few moments in a
group.  She has charisma and always knows what to say, and always seems  jolly
and hugging everyone all the time.  That's not me, but I don't mind  being her
shadow, and therefore, popular by her lead.

Yet, in my home (it's complicated, but the same best friend stays with me
often, since she lives in a place with mega restrictions, and comes to my
house  for freedom and R & R.  However, she was also a amrine, with her own
rigidity. She leaves me notes taped around the house "please clean out the
washing machine after you use it" since I sometime shave grass on my jeans
after  mowing. Or : "please clean out the filter on the coffee pot after use"
since I  often leave it in. It's really not one of my main concerns, that
old grounds  might stain the filter thingee.

Meaning: she puts me in my place, and after I feel good being her shadow
and getting leftover popularity from her own stardom.

But, I have friends at work,  and online, and a modest appreciation of  a
few talents and characteristics of my own.  That's enough.  I am  comfortable
in my solitude, and have way too many things to do to give it much  concern.

NancyLee
**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on
tour at TourTracker.com.