TheBanyanTree: Teenage boy brain

Anita Coia anita at redpepper.net.au
Sat Jul 4 22:35:31 PDT 2009

My  stepson is almost 15 years old. It has been very interesting to observe
the effects of testosterone on his brain. I call it the "ugg" development.
Say good morning, get "ugg" in return (especially if it's earlier than
11am).  Ask how his day was, get "ergle" in response. Enquire what he would
like for dinner, get "eh" for reply.

However, one of the funniest exchanges was when he recently had a
similarly-aged mate over, and they were taking a forced break from
Playstation to have something to eat. My stepson asked his friend whether he
had seen the new Transformers movie, which did prompt strings of speech more
than two to three syllables long. "Did you see when...", "yeah, I liked it
when...", "what about when...", "Megan Fox!" "Yeah."

It took a few minutes before a memory fought its way through their
testosterone-clogged brains and they remembered that they had in fact seen
the movie together about three days before. "Oh."

They ate their pizzas in silence for a moment then loped back to the
Playstation.

Anita

xxx