TheBanyanTree: Remembering Cecil

Peter Macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jan 3 12:56:08 PST 2009

I have a number of favourite mementoes of Cecil. I have his book, 'Now
Would a Texan Lie?', two DVDs of desert images, his photoshopped jokes,
but most of all, the recollection of meeting him, thanks to his son Gene.

I was on the back end of a trip to assorted bits of Europe and the east
coast, and dropped in on California, where I was put up (and put up
with) at Loomis and caught up with some friends.

One of the nicest bits was that Gene was able to bring Cecil up for a
visit, so I met him in person.  He was as delightful in person as he was
online.  In a number of ways, he lives on.

Thanks Gene -- and thanks Theta.

peter