TheBanyanTree: A love story

auntie sash auntiesash at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 22:02:22 PST 2009

Once upon a time....

I met Prince Charming.  He was dapper and dashing.  He was poetic and
funny.  He knew words to all these great old songs and had a silly,
romantic, sharp wit.  He was a fine dancer and quite the ladies man.

For years, he would surprise me with stories and jokes, adventures and tall
tales, shaggy dog stories and romances long faded....

He sent us stories and pictures and silly greeting cards.  He played those
old songs on his harmonica and sent the recording to me so I could sing
along,  He photoshopped us all into a tree.  He celebrated births,
commisserated over deaths, and danced at a wedding.

I miss my dance partner, Cecil.  He was a treasure.

In March, at a family reunion in Nevada, there will be a celebration of his
life.  While we are not part of THAT family, Cecil was part of OUR family,
and some of us are making arrangements to attend.

I am putting together a celebration of our connection to Cecil.  I've chosen
a 12" x 12" scrapbook with slide in pages.  If you have pictures or art
or poems or tributes or lyrics or limericks or...well...anything at all that
will fit on a 12x12 sheet of paper, then I encourage you to send it to me
for inclusion in the book.  If you don't want to fuss with the layout, just
send it to me - hardcopy or electronic - and I'll mount it up real pretty
for you.

I will be making some collage pages containing all the wonderful greetings
and tributes that were sent in December.  The book will be displayed at the
memorial and electronically preserved for all of us as well.

I was soooo grateful to be able to take all of your love and well wishes and
special Banyan Tree mojo to our beloved Cecil prior to his crossing over.
I'm so happy to be putting this together as well - for all of us, for
Cecil's family, and for my #1 dance partner.

Send items to:
SarahAnne
6631 SE 114th
Portland, OR 97266
or auntiesash at gmail.com

 xoxo
sash

--
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man
if he spent less time proving he can outwit nature