TheBanyanTree: Tea for Two

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 16:24:25 PST 2009

How well I relate in some ways.

I was married to the man for decades, and when we just ran out of steam, we
agreed to part. It wasn't the sex steam we ran out of, we simply ran out of
being together too long, and following interests that seemed to take us farther
 apart. He raced cars, and though I find it exciting, and my friend loved
asking  about his latest crashes and such, it wasn't my thing.  And writing and
painting and going to horse and dog shows with the kids was not his idea of a
good time.

So now he can  attend as many races as he wants, spend as much money  on cars
as he wants, and never has to lie or hide his race expenses, and I don;t
have to care about that. And, I can have my peace and quiet and my dogs and
gardens, etc. Or, I can sit up all night with a wet canvas or hot manuscript
without setting him off.

Yet . . .

I have no interest in dating. Nor has he.  The men I know, I'm not  even
tempted. And, perhaps he can't find a woman who likes dirty auto shops  or greasy
laundry or his being gone every weekend with his pals at the  races.

We are good friends, and dine out now and then. I don't bother dressing up,
even at the nice places, because he usually forgets we have a "date" until I
call him to say I'm waiting at the restaurant, and he hurries up and arrives
in  his stained pants and faded shirts. I am sure the wait staff think I am
taking a  homeless bum out to dinner. But, we have a pleasant evening, and I
don't have to  care about his apparel or personal hygiene.

I still miss the "us" of us.  We have too much history for me to think  I
could ever find someone who fit as well, in spite of the differences. We still
can get together and talk as we always did.  Maybe that's enough.

NancyLee
**************You can't always choose whom you love, but you can choose how
to find them. Start with AOL Personals.