TheBanyanTree: On the Road Again

Terri Wagener tlwagener at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 16:45:38 PST 2009

Well, here at Siddalee Enterprises, we are moving.  AGAIN.  we lived
in our wonderful 1927 duplex for 16 years, then when it sold, and
after the whole lawsuit and crazy landlady nightmare, we moved --
after extensive downsizing -- to an apartment complex in a very
Armenian community.  This is not a friendly neighborhood.  This is
not where we belong.

And there has been raw sewage in my bathtub a dozen times in 18
months.  Sometimes all over the bathroom floor.  There's a major
glitch in the pipes (No!  Reallyy?!?) and others' sewage comes up my
drain.  It is why the former two tenants left.

I have been looking for an apartment ever since my lease was up in
June.  I finally found one this week.  It is $200 more a month than I
want to spend, but I have savings, and only work 3 days a week.  I
can manage it.  A couple of shifts more a month should do it.

My roomie, 28 year old Tim, is returning to Cleveland to live with
his parents.  He made some very bad fiscal decisions -- buying a
brand new car last year, along with some other toys he could NOT
afford -- and is in a deep hole.  Sadly, he still doesn't think it's
his own doing.  He thinks "it's the economy, nobody has money."  Our
plans coincided to both leave this apt at the end of the month.

So I'll be back in the old hood.  With a yard for my dog.  And a
garden(!!!)  I can make a garden again!  Wheee!  And a neighborhood.
And I can ride my bike to work!

I'm excited, if a little overwhelmed.  But this spring promises to be
a nice one.  For the first time in ten years, I will be in a
beautiful home.  One I can invite friends to.  I can have parties.

Y'all come on over to L.A.  You can stay with me.  I'd love to have you.

xoxoSidda