TheBanyanTree: Missing Mattress....

Sheri Baity sheribaity at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 10:08:23 PDT 2008

CJ's story made me think that maybe I'll share mine about my new old couch.

Last week I went and bought new firm foam for my couch cushions.  I got so tired of setting down on my couch and I immediately lean in towards the middle.  The couch is 8 years old now.  I thought maybe I would give it a few or more years of life.  Also a problem arrises that when you try to set at the corner edge of the couch, you feel like you have to include rock climbing just to hold on to the side of the couch.

So, immediately when I got home, I measured, cut and took out the old and restuffed the new.  WOW... they look great.  I didn't take time to test sit on the new cushions, I just took everybody's word that they were marvelous!  I've been having a little stress in my life and have been sleeping absolutely terrible in my bed.  It's time for a new mattress there, but I keep on going to bed and tossing and turning every night.

Last night, it was about 6:30 p.m. and I was waiting for G to get home from the barn and the girls to get home from cheerleading. I don't know what came over me, but I felt like a little kid and decided I was going for a test sit.  I sat down, wriggled my assets into the firmness, did a few bounces up and down.  I seemed to be wide awake and having fun, then, I thought I would try a horizontal test lay and see how that felt.

The next thing I remember was it was 8:30 p.m. and everyone was home an hour ago.  I never heard a thing, not even the dogs.  They were warming up their supper and chatting away.  The real test was when I went to get up and oh my... my back didn't even hurt.  All I really wanted to do at that point was grab and blanket and tell everyone goodnight as I settled back down on my new old couch, once again.  But,  I got up and climbed into that miserable bed once again.

oh well... enjoy your new mattress CJ... I'll get there soon... but until then... I know now where I can sneak a nice comfy snooze1

God Give Me Peace because if you give me strength, I might beat someone do death!