TheBanyanTree: Missing Mattress....

Carolyn bluenosr at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 17 09:25:13 PDT 2008

	On Aug 20th, I bought a mattress and it was delivered Sept 10th.
However, I had to return it.  Being fed up with the 1st. dealer, I ordered
one from Sears by phone that same day.  It was to be delivered today, the
17th, and they were to call me to tell me about what time they'd be here.
	So, I've been sleeping on my sofa.  It's comfortable and I've had many
nice naps and snoozes on it.  No problem.  However, spending all night on
it for more than a week, is not ~that~ great.  It's too warm to really
sleep well on it in a warm apartment in the summer.  And one can't spread-
eagle oneself as one is want to do.  And I do.
	To add to that problem, when one's back is not in great shape, there
isn't quite the support one needs.  Funny about that.
	This morning I called Sears to get a number I could call and get the
approximate delivery time today...you know, morning? or afternoon?  Not
that I ~have~ to know, but it would be nice.
	What order?  No record.  Delivered where?  No record.  Hmmmm....
	I was passed on to someone who turned out to be in Ontario...naturally!
[I'm in Nova Scotia].  Repeated all my info again.  Oh!...she found my
order!!!  Great! And it was already at the Sears order shop about a block
away from where I live.  For me to pick up.  What?  It was to have been
delivered TODAY!  And I'd paid for it already!  Oh.  That's a problem.
Hmmmmm.....
	I was then passed on to someone at the Corporate Office.  And I wasn't
even screaming at the lady!  Boy...I may be getting somewhere.  They
really know and acknowledge it was their fault.  Wow!  That's unusual
these days!  So, she made some calls and my long-awaited mattress will
arrive tomorrow (no way they could do it today, she's so sorry) between 4
and 7 pm.  OK.....24 more hours on my sofa.  I can live with that.

Cj