TheBanyanTree: Chasing Horses

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Fri Sep 12 14:22:13 PDT 2008

That's funny, and well written. I could follow the action, the reluctant
horses, the frantic people. I have had horses all my life, and learned early on,
that it's no fun to round them up. No matter how you build the fence, they
will  always get out.

So . . .

I taught them to come when they were called.

I call them every time I go out to feed, whether they are right there or
way-y-y out in the pasture. I used to have regular horses. Now I have ten
miniatures.  I go out in the morning, cup my hands around my mouth, and  croon.
"Come on!!"

Heads pop up, and then they start running. It's a stampede to get there
first, to pick which feed pan they want most (even if they are all the same).  The
Minis got out once, and headed down the lane. A neighbor phoned with the
news.  I went out, cupped my hands around my mouth, and crooned. "Come  on!!"

Four minutes later, they came racing back. I had to feed them, of course,
but it sure was easier than chasing them all over the  county.