TheBanyanTree: Life, Headfakes and Nature's Cup

Sheri Baity sheribaity at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 03:04:18 PDT 2008

G and I didn't talk about the lack of him being there or what was said.  Like Jim and so many others here helped me to see... why sweat the small stuff.  We have been together for 17 years now, not counting that year that we were divorced and separated.  So much of his actions are indeed how he was raised.  And now, like before, I somehow work lessons into him without him realizing... I like to headfake quite abit with G.  Bottom line, I do love him.

Where has time gone.  I looked at the calendar today and realized that I have less than 2 monthes to spend with my daughter and granddaughter before I move them back to Fort Hood, Texas.  Although I know that it is a fantastic thing because it means that my son in law will be home, safe from Iraq... I can still feel the quietness that this house will have.  Awww well, been there before and I'll get through it again.

It was hard for G when they moved to Texas, but this time, it will be so much worse.  G and Jessica(my granddaughter) have formed this bond that is the most precious to see and watch flower.  She LOVES going to the farm and helping Grandpa do chores.  At 7 she even has 2 cows that she milks... grins.  She knows all the cows, heifers and calfs by name.  G askes her advice all the time about where this cow should be moved to and so on.  It is so adorable the bond that they have formed.

I got a big kick out of this one the other week.  G was selling some of his heifers to get money to expand his operation.  The guy that was buying wanted to pay top dollar for this herford that G had.  He kept on offering more and more telling G that it will bring in top dollar and how everyone is looking for a good one like this.  Now, knowing G like I do, money always talks.... but not this time.  He looked at me when he told me the story and said, he will never sell Sierra, that's the calfs name.  He said, he could never live with himself.  I was puzzled considering that she isn't even a registered holstein.  Then, he looked me straight into the eyes and said, "That is Jessica's buddy!  I couldn't do that to her!"  I laughed and grinned... and understood immediately.  See, G does have a soft side to him, somewhere in that hard exterior.

I have a very good feeling that we will have to have Jessica come to the farm 1 month out of the year during her summer break.  We will have to get the web cam set up again so that they can look, make funny faces and giggle back and forth to each other like before.  Yup, this is going to be a hard one.  But if it means that my son will be home from Iraq... we will do this and get through this!

G and I finally sat down and got to working on his will.  Neither one of us are getting any younger and he has so much land and stuff to not have it taken care of if something should happen.  I think everyone will be extremely happy, although, does it really matter... yes, I guess it does in some way, but in another way, we will be gone.  We will go to the attorney's office to finalize it tomorrow.  Having cancer gave me a whole nutter set of balls to get things done.

Surprisingly enough, my jobs have been starting to line up already.  It's that time of the year that I start hitting the road.  I need to block off the first 2 weeks of November to move my girls back to Texas, but I should be back in plenty of time to do some hunting.  Yes, although some of you might not agree, it means meat in the freezer for us over the winter monthes and that is always a good thing.  We can agree to disagree, can't we now.

It's looking like I will have a Banyan Tree Hoedown weekend campout at my farm next August, again!  I haven't had one for quite a few years.  I can't wait, they are always so much fun!  I always like August because that is when the sweet corn is ready for picking and we can pick our own and cook it over a fire pit among many other tasty treats.  It's a time for the Tree Dwellers to get together, camp out under the stars, get to know one another, share stories and life and put faces to names.  So start saving up your pennies and time!  We have 250 acres of farm and mountain land to roam.  There will be more on that later.

I guess this is my blog for the moment.  I hope you enjoyed a little of Nature's Cup.  Come back and have another sip with me sometime.

Sheri L Baity
Pro Staff Lohman/Mad Game Calls
Flambeau Outdoors

God Give Me Peace because if you give me strength, I might beat someone do death!