TheBanyanTree: A new President

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 21:29:25 PST 2008

Don't worry, I'm not stumping, I'm not soapboxing.

I just want to comment on an observation I made this evening.

In case you didn't already know, Barack Obama is the new President-Elect of the USA.

I just watched his acceptance speech.

The man is serious.  He is not grinning with joy at his victory.  His is not gloating over his
win.  He is calm, and thoughtful, and stoic.  He is thinking ahead to the responsibility he has
just taken on.

During the campaign, I was hesitant.  Disgruntled with everyone and everything.
Disappointed with what seems to have become our way - negativity.  Hate.  Pointing fingers.

Now, I see perhaps a glimmer of light.  Perhaps there is some hope for us after all.

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com
http://wolfsinger.wordpress.com