TheBanyanTree: Spring Allergies

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Tue Mar 18 09:31:41 PDT 2008

Quoting Laura <wolfljsh at gmail.com>:

I've never had a bunny, but I've thought about it before.  They're
soooo cute.  Unlike you, though, I am not good at all that pet
maintenance.

And, er, while I have you on the line, can I ask you a vet tech
question?  Why the heck is Skittles shaking her head like she has mites
in her ears?  I've taken her to the vet and she has no mites and no
fleas.  I keep up on the flea meds, even in the winter.  Unfortunately,
when I made the appointment, I didn't specify which vet, and I didn't
get the really good vet I usually go to.  I got some other dude who,
when I asked what else her ear problem could be, sort of mumbled
something (or nothing) and didn't really answer my question.  He did
pull out a big glob of wax, dirt and oily mite medicine out of one of
her ears and thought maybe that was bugging her.  But she's still at
it, worse than ever. What the heck could it be?  Can I put some ear
cleaning stuff in her ear?  Can I poke her with cotton swabs and see if
I get more stuff out?  It's driving both of us crazy.

Julie