TheBanyanTree: Brutal Cold

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 19:52:36 PST 2008

In a message dated 12/22/2008 2:32:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spoonoid at bellsouth.net writes:

I  therefore propose that radio weathermen be required to spend at least one
winter in Minnesota before they are allowed to speak on the air.

Here! Here!  Even as we type, they are having another "Blizzard of the
Century" and highs in the single digits.  White Christmas, Indeed!!

Brutally cold, in Minnesotan, is a day when it gets to ten below for the
HIGH, and the wind chill, lets' NOT forget wind chill, is something in the range
of fifty below. that's below zero. And such weather would last more than a
week  at a time.

Heck, I recall going out to feed the horses and clean stalls when a single
breath outside would pull your nostrils together and freeze your nose shut, and
 I would have to chip the horse poop out of the stalls with a pick ax, and
once I  got a bit of "horse" ice in my eye. Nothing like a bit of frozen horse
dirt on  one's eye, and the tears freezing to your cheek.

Then, a mere thirty above zero is downright balmy,

NancyLee
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.