TheBanyanTree: Mr. President's Shoe-ducking Skills

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 11:47:02 PST 2008

On 17 Dec 2008 at 13:51, NancyIee at aol.com wrote:

> My second thought
> was; "Where the heck were the Secret Service guys?"  What if the hurler
> had  been armed?  Were they thinking Prez Bush too lame to be in danger?

That was my first thought.  Where the heck are the Secret Service guys?  Aren't they
supposed to be watching for this kind of thing?  Isn't it their job to stand around the
President (he IS still the president, whether you like him or not) and make sure that shoe
throwing freaks are thwarted in their attempts?  If W hadn't had quick reflexes, he'd be
sporting quite a lump on his forehead.  I'm sure there was a metal detector and body
searches and whatnot to make sure there were no knives or guns, but still.  Somebody was
asleep on the job, and ought to be sent home with a swift kick in the butt and a black mark
on his resume.

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com