TheBanyanTree: Blind and Blinds

Lawley, Pamela J CTR NAVAIRDEPOT, 4.4.6.1 pamela.lawley.ctr at navy.mil
Thu Dec 11 05:09:26 PST 2008

I could actually feel myself tensing as I read about your adventure!  I
have learned that I lack whatever gene it is that's required to hang
things on the wall.  Brackets, shelves - in fact anything more
complicated than a simple nail!!

My mother got my son a 'baseball' shelf for his room.  Sort of a 3D
thing with a bit of weight to it, and I realized it would require more
than just even TWO nails... Da da da DA!!  I would need two screws and
those little plastic expansion things put into the wall first.  And they
would have to be lined up perfectly so the screws would fit into the
holes in the back of the shelf.

HOW HARD CAN IT BE?!?!

The little plastic thingies end up going through the wall and down,
never to be seen again.  And you can't try putting another one in there
because by this time, the hole's way too big.  So, move over and adjust
the measurements.

Well, I ended up with four holes in the wall, and the shelf was still on
the desk.  Yeah, I don't do drills and I don't hang things on the walls.

You are my hero Laura.  :)