TheBanyanTree: Cecil

Gloria burns.gloria at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:58:47 PST 2008

I'm here.  I'm thinking about Cecil and how he stepped up and made me
feel welcome on The Spoon.  He asked why I chose the handle Dreamer
and proceeded to tell me about his dreams and sing me songs about
dreamin'.  We conversed about his manuscript.  Ya know, there isn't a
time that I talk about my Banyan friends and don't mention Cecil.  He
has inspired me beyond measure.  Consistent.  That's what he is if I
had to describe him in one word.  Consistently funny and witty,
consistently defending the underdogs by reminding us that we haven't
walked in their shoes, honest (even if he jokes about bein' a lying
Texan), suave and debonairre!

I met Cecil at Monique & Andrew's wedding.  I had only dreamt about
meeting him someday, truly wondering how that would ever happen since
we're thousands of miles apart.  He was every bit as great as I'd
thought he would be and the twinkle in his eyes is something I'll
never forget.   The genuine caring smile, the determination to make
sure all felt included, and hugs that were outta this world.  There's
only one Cecil and I'm so blessed to be able to call him my friend.

And Jana! It's so good to see you here!!

Dreamer...still dreamin' of a kinder, gentler world for ALL