TheBanyanTree: Same Day Service

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 08:29:47 PST 2008

In a message dated 12/8/2008 2:31:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
monique.colver at gmail.com writes:

"Same  Day Appointments!" I

Perhaps that means, the same day next year.

I have given up on doctors. Other than my yearly 100,000 mile checkup  (which
must be made months in advance) I rarely seek to sit in an ER for a  couple
of days, bleeding out, for instance, or trying to get in to see my  doctor, who
would probably die of old age before my set appointment,  anyway.

I call my vet.  V-e-t-e-r-i-n-a-r-i-a-n.  "Hello? I have a  question,  You
remember my dog Spotty?  Well . . .(and here in insert  my own symptoms.)    He
replies, "Oh, that's nothing to worry  about. Just . . . (and here he gives me
what I should do, adding) . . ."stop by  the office and I'll give you meds
for it."  Since vet meds and people meds  are identical, right down to the color
and flavoring, I have no problem taking  it.

When I did stop in to pick up the meds, the vet came out.  "Quite a
(symptom) you have there.  Probably caught it from Spotty.    Won't hurt to take some,
yourself."

My daughter who works as a vet tech in a research place, said the
antibiotics are exactly the same as people meds,  The dog cough med even  has cherry
flavoring, like the kind prescribed for kids.  Only  cheaper.

If I break a bone or need stitching up, however, I just go in and bleed all
over and generally get to see the doctor in an hour or two. If the cut isn't
too  big, a little duct tape usually stops the bleeding and holds it together.

If I really do go in to the doctor, and tell him about my symptoms, he will
usually say, "I have no idea what that is.  Make another appointment,  (which
turns out to be in March), and we'll run some tests."

NancyLee