TheBanyanTree: Long Week

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 15:20:07 PST 2008

In a message dated 12/3/2008 12:48:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dseaman at prairienet.org writes:

There is also the feeling that I'm on the edge of a depression  episode

It's the holidays.  No matter how much you might look forward to the  lights,
the fun, the celebrations, there is something of the gloom n doom that
clouds the whole season. I have found it so, anyway, as have many of my friends,
when we dare to discuss "why am I feeling so negative when the entire season is
 forging ahead with carols and decorations?"

The year is ending, and with it, any chance to make something better of  this
whole year. We watch the ball drop, or party until 2009, and then go home
and feel remorse over . .what? That it wasn't as we had hoped? We didn't win the
 lottery or accomplish anything outstanding? I don't know.  I only know that
this time of year I contemplate perhaps too much, count only the flaws
instead  of only the joys of the year, and feel a year older or a few pounds  fatter.

It's the season. Any shrink will tell you so.

So, I finish decorating the little tree out front, with lights that also
play Christmas Carols. I look ahead at parties to which I have already been
invited.  I sing in the choir, and so I also look forward to that; I love  the old
Carols, and the Nativity played out by children who may or may not  remember
their roles, and the little Mary who drops Jesus doll on his  head.  And, if I
get a little blue or funky, I just hang out with silly  friends.

NancyLee