TheBanyanTree: My Blanket of Solace

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 06:59:17 PST 2008

Monique,

Everyone should have a blankee of solace.  From the age of two or so,  we
carry around our blankee, to cuddle when we are sad, to warm us when the  world
is cold, to snuggle under when we lay awake and read. Of course, a blankee
might be anything. Mine changes from blankee to fuzzy warm dog in my bed to
cover when I am online far too late into the night, or warmup sheet when I come
in from the frost. At times, I empower it with making me invisible, like that
cover in Harry Potter stories.  When I am so covered, do not speak to me,  for
I am not here.

My dogs, all of them, and they are great in number, are all inside  today.
Even the gentle giant, the pit, is inside. The Pug is busy running  the little
ones in circles, the fuzzy one is asleep on my feet, my living  slipper. The
three tiny ones, including the 3 lb terror, are chasing the  Pugclown. I am
alone, but I am surrounded by a herd of wild and funny little  folk.

There was frost in the grass this morning.  The pit would rather be  outside
than in, though this morning, she seems content to sleep through the  chill in
the corner.

A friend called, she who came down from the north and constantly exclaims  on
the 'warm' weather here. She called to ask if I have a spare blankee.   She's
cold.  How quickly we become sissies when we leave the winter climes  for a
little while. I will bring her my spare when we lunch today.

It may get into the 50s later, but I will wear my sweater and jacket. Back
"home" it is in the teens, but here . I have become a sissy.

NancyLee