TheBanyanTree: oh there's no place like home. . .

TLW tlwagener at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 17:42:43 PST 2008

So I told you I was going to Texas this week, right?  For the first
time in 7+ years?  It's not for the holidays.  It's for the weekend.
The holiweek is always sorely depressing around here (in my head), so
I thought it'd be good to have something to look forward to.  So I'm
gonna see my cousins, who I like.  And my dad, who I don't.  But it
will make his... year.

So I have a sore throat.  Of course.  It's closing right up.  I never
really got over the weird sinus infection thingy everybuddy had a
month ago.  I just now flailed at cleaning my bedroom, and I kept
having to lie down.

I organized my sock drawer.  Final count:

Pairs 14
Singles 23

I'm not kidding.  How does that happen?

I'm throwing out the singles.  I am.  I have two loads of laundry in,
and when they come out, if the singles aren't in there, I'm starting
all over from scratch.

As we slip, trudge, stride, wander into the last week of the year, I
am reminded of the year I did a tally for us all.  "What happened this
year?" How many births, deaths, love affairs, business ventures,
moves, etc.  Since we just had a roll call, of sorts, I think it'd be
a good thing to do again, here.

Send me an email with your synopsis.  Like this: "Me: I had a world
premiere, met Julie, rewrote another play to be much better, started a
website and a crafty lil business on Etsy. " The list of what I didn't
manage to do is much longer, but I'll spare you.  No great love
affairs, but no broken hearts, either.  No windfalls, but I'm
financially pretty darn secure, especially considering the times.  I
got a new President and Vice-President -- maybe you heard about that?
No new pets, but no fewer ones, either.  No new friends, really... I
live in L.A., after all.  A couple of close calls with winning
playwriting awards, which inches me up the ladder for next time.
Again, that could go in the both the "Achieved" AND "Did not Manage to
Do" columns.

You?  How about you?  I'll put it all together and make a group list.

 We can put it on Facebook.  Or... HEY!  I have an even BETTER idea!

 Let's not.  :-D

xoxoxSidda
--
tenderlovingwork.com