TheBanyanTree: fit as a fiddle

David Seaman dseaman at prairienet.org
Fri Dec 19 07:11:02 PST 2008

fit as a fiddle
Dec. 19th, 2008 at 5:13 AM

After eight days in the hospital, and just about as many puncture wounds
from the blood lab, I was found to be sound of body, except for my
potassium deficiency. My sister told me while I was in lock up that she
suffers from T3/T4 Hypothyroid, which is what ljuser skywind8 warned me
about so often. I had to ask for the test to be done specifically and it
came back negative. So someone please explain my low body tempts and blood
pressure please? My illness tells me to be paranoid but my logic reminds
me that I had the best possible doctor for the duration of my
incarceration.

The pdoc and I had long painful sessions together. The first one being
2hrs long. At the end she decided I was the philosophical type and hit me
with something while discussing be present. "All we have right now is this
reality, you and me in this room. There is nothing else in the universe
except this. Death will come for both of us. We don't know when, and we
have absolutely no control over it. To try to control the moment of our
death is egocentric. Dave, you cannot kill yourself. It's impossible." I
spent the rest of my eight days mulling that over.