TheBanyanTree: Canada?!?

Sachet sachet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 07:40:46 PST 2008

That's why my son and brother have renamed where we live. <g>

When they helped us move in two weeks ago, it was snowing and the temp
was 15. I *tried* to tell them about our mountain road and driveway.
They dinna believe me until they got here with the moving truck. They
were a bit flustered at that point after getting lost once on the dark
steep, curvy roads. I had also tried to tell them that they needed to
leave earlier so they wouldn't have to drive in the dark. They chose not
to listen. Que sera, sera.

Today, furniture guys brought my couch. They stood down at the end of
the driveway looking up at the house and pondering the strategy of
negotiating the driveway for about 10 minutes. They walked up the
driveway with frowns on their faces. I went out and commiserated with
them and offered the encouragement that I was baking chocolate chip
cookies. That was all it took. <g> They gave up on maneuvering the truck
up the driveway and pushed it alllllllllll the way up the winding
driveway. By the time they got it up to the house they were both huffing
and puffing.

Poor guys. :-P

The scent of the cookies and the warm house seemed to revive them and
they cheerfully wrestled it into the house, joking with me all the while
about how they loved the view, but hated my driveway. <g>

I about fell over laughing when the one guy told me that he thought the
cows were trying to attack them when they stopped on the road. I
explained that the cattle thought they were the feed truck (it's a
diesel, too) coming to deliver their daily hay bale. They can't tell one
diesel truck from another and just recognize the sound and the stopping
as a signal. Very Pavlovian. ;) City boys. <g>

They merrily went on their way with plates full of hot chocolate chip
cookies and I called their company to compliment them on their attitude
and professionalism. Nice guys. And I love my couch. Perfect for that
ever elusive concept of a nap.

....Sachet