TheBanyanTree: Head Fake

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 06:07:09 PDT 2008

Every morning, after their breakfast, the dogs get some petting time on the floor.  Every
morning, Puck, who is almost 11 years old, tries to get his ears rubbed, but the puppy,
Kona, will not let it happen.  As soon as he comes over to me, she is all up in his face, biting
his lips and ears, trying to get him to play with her.  I've been calling him up on the couch for
ear rubs, but yesterday Kona discovered that she's tall enough now to jump on the couch by
herself.

Not to worry, Puck has it covered.

This morning as usual, we went out, had breakfast, then moved into the living room for pats
and ear rubs.  Puck wouldn't come to me.  He's old, and since his partner in crime for nearly
10 years died in June, he's gotten even older, so his not wanting to come to me concerned
me some.  Instead, he started hunting around the room.  After a minute or so, I saw him
LEAP on something.  He came running over, all proud, with the little soft football in his
mouth.  Of course Kona had to come over immediately and try to take it away.  He yanked it
away from her, and for about 30 seconds there was a major game of "keep-away" going on.
Kona proudly pranced around the room with the football in her mouth.  Puck came over to
me and put his head in my lap for ear skrittchies.  It took Kona nearly 3 minutes to figure out
that she had been duped!  She ran over and jumped on Puck, who by then had had his fill of
ear skrittchies.

Don't tell ME these little dogs can't think.

:)

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com