TheBanyanTree: Life Goes On

B Drummond redd_clay at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 22 05:52:06 PDT 2007

--

This week held a special day for me.

Coming home from another country where language and culture are so different
is always a profoundly happy but, at the same time, sad affair.

It is a cliche', I know,  but it's common use -- or abuse -- does not diminish
in the least the unequivocal truth that

  people are the same the world over

Human nature being that it is, I thought I would exhibit one of its traits
(hankies out now, please)  and bore you to tears with a narrative of the
obvious, based solely upon yet another personal experience.

On another unrelated note, I got to thinking about life the other day.  (I
kinda' couldn't help it as I'd been made to take note that I'd officially
made yet another trip around the sun.) I wondered if someone else had ever
had thought about it this way:

I'm told that matter can not be created nor destroyed.  I'm told that energy
and matter are the same thing in different forms.  One can be converted into
the other with the right methods but they after their conversions they still
remain and are not ever destroyed.

What if life is the same?  That is to say, what if it can never truly be
destroyed, only changed in its "form"  -- or at least our perception of it in
that new form.

Am I talkin' coming back as another creature?

No, just wondering if life, a part of this universe (part of the universe we
can sense, that is) is not as eternal as all the rest of it.

 bd
   ----