TheBanyanTree: September 1st, and moving

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sun Sep 2 16:20:27 PDT 2007

How I identify with your posting.  I move. I change, Yet, I do not  change at
all.  I only think I do and want to with each packing and new  place.  I
exchange my life for another, and find another place. Yet, I drag  not only the
heirlooms, the things of value, I drag it all.  I have  cartons of unmarked
stuff I will probably never look at again, yet I stuff it in  and take it with.  I
also take all of me that I should discard: the  troubles and self-crap, and
the little junk such as my grandmother's ruby-red  glassware and a few pounds
too many.  All, just junk.

Perhaps, when I move and change, I want to look in the mirror and see a new
person, as well. But, as one wise person said, my sister, "No matter where you
 go, there you are."

I can change partners, but I do not dance any better.  I can change  places,
but it's the same bookcase full of old books, old albums of the same  past,
the same sofa and bed and little antique dressing table, the same  face in the
mirror. I cannot get rid of any of it.

So, why move?  The hope, I suppose, that in the new place will be a  new me,
a new life.

NancyLee