TheBanyanTree: here's the crazy thing...

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Mon Oct 8 07:15:07 PDT 2007

Yesterday was October 7th, the temperature hit 93F, and we drove down
to the Moores Creek area near our house and went for a swim in the
lake. Sloshed right in in our tennies, because there are a lot of
broken bottles, old fishing lures, and a good six inches of icky,
gripping mud at the edges.  It's not a legal swimming area, but rather
a beautiful, quiet finger off of the big lake.  It was beautiful to be
there.  The sunset was just turning the sky orange and tinting the top
of the water pink. The trees on the surrounding hills, normally afire
with reds and golds and oranges at this time, are all still green--a
very dark, way-past-summer green, but green nonetheless.  The water is
still warm.  Not a soul around while we floated on our old motorcycle
tire inner tube, kicking in our bathing suits and sodden tennies,
laughing at the sheer craziness of being able to take an evening swim
in the lake on October 7th.

Julie