TheBanyanTree: Fwd: no comment needed

Tobie Shapiro tobie at shpilchas.net
Tue May 8 07:06:34 PDT 2007

May 8, 200000007

Dear Paul and throng of dawgs,

	Standing by, watching while your dog makes his last climb up
the hill is torture.  We are currently on a death watch for Feyna's
Mint, a tuxedo cat who never quite got her brain fastened into the
engine mount.  Her liver is enlarged, she's jaundiced and she won't
eat.  All day, I keep thinking about her, keep checking on her.
We're basically helpless.  I could feel that grief filled resignation
in your post.  You loved Fred so much.  And you'll keep loving him.
So celebrate Fred.  Plant some flowers, get an emu pregnant (by
proxy, Paul, by proxy), pour champaign on his grave.  And of course,
write about him, which you did, beautifully.  I hope Mint makes it.
I know Fred had a good, rich, loving life.  People keep saying, "What
a lucky dog!"  He was.  He didn't have to sit around in a small
apartment, listening to the traffic out in the street, waiting for
you to come home from work every day.  He ran, he chased, he barked,
he reveled in attention, he followed you around, admiring the cuffs
of your jeans.  You provided well for him.  He was happy.  I send you
all my sympathies and a kiss on the cheek.

	Love,

	Tobie

>Between sentences, I'm typing this and checking Fred.  He's in the
>DFZ.  He's shutting down.  Just a matter of hours...
>
>The other dogs know.  Wilma is hovering.  Dino and BamBam know
>something bad is happening.  Stupid and the collie are subdued, too.
>

>In the space of a double garage and six people, who gets followed by
>the puppy.  All day?  Of course, stuffing him into my t-shirt might
>have helped the following.  :)  He was little.
>
>Me and dogs go together like stink on shinolea.  :)  Especially  me
>and Fred since first sight/sniff.  And Wilma, too.  Always.  Love at
>first sight does happen.

I bought Fred early March, 1993.  Yeah, I actually paid for a dog.
Never did get his papers, never really cared anyway.

--

Tobie Helene Shapiro
Berkeley, California   USA

tobie at shpilchas.net