TheBanyanTree: Northern Edge

Margaret R. Kramer margaret.kramer at polarispublications.com
Sun May 6 06:48:48 PDT 2007

We’re on the northern fringe of all those storms in Kansas and Oklahoma.  We
’re on the cold air side, so we’re getting rain and some thunderstorms, but
nothing severe in our immediate area.  We rarely get mile wide tornados,
most of ours are small ones, and so I can’t imagine the devastation caused
by yesterday’s outbreak.  Spring brings the promise of a lazy summer, but it
makes us pay for it.

I saw the replay of the Kentucky Derby.  How wonderful those horses are!  I
love those animals, but have no money to buy and keep one.  I really enjoyed
watching Street Sense sneak up on the rail and then blast like a rocket by
all the other horses.  He made the other horses look like they were standing
still.

I mowed the grass for the first time, just before the rain moved in.  Ray
raked and then planted some grass seed in the bare areas.  He pulled and
sprayed dandelions.  I have no problem with dandelions – they’re pretty to
me and I don’t consider them a weed, but it seems to be a manly thing to do
battle with the dandelions every spring.

Ray and I stopped at the grocery store for fruit and milk.  We bought ink
for our printers at Office Max.  We did this when it was pouring rain, so we
were dodging raindrops.

I can’t pay bills online until my checking account is “authorized” by the
bank’s online system, which will take two business days.  Now how stupid is
that?!!!!  I have very few checks, no debit card, and I can’t even pay my
bills online.  Am I supposed to get money orders?  Nothing is worse then
having money, but no access to it.

We watched the Twins beat Boston by a hair last night.  It was a good game
with Cy Young winner Johan Santana pitching.  Torii Hunter extended his
hitting streak to 20 games.  Joe Nathan didn’t blow the save.

It’s gray and gloomy this morning.  We’re taking the grandsons to see
“Suessical” at the Children’s Theater today.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net
margaret.kramer at polarispublications.com

Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever
to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
~Elizabeth Stone