TheBanyanTree: Jumping Off The Mower

paul paul at remsset.com
Sun Jul 29 00:29:43 PDT 2007

My "new" mower does the backfire thing.  Unlike the old riding mower
that never backfired, the new mower has a Briggs and Stratton engine
with overhead valves and even has a pressurized oil system like a car...
complete with a cute (and expensive) little oil filter.

It's my second "new mower".  The first mowed most of the yard and when I
turned it off it backfired and that was that.  Jumped time or something.

I'm afraid the newest new mower will do the same.  Yeah, I read the
directions about turning the engine off at full throttle.  It still
backfires once in a while.  As the mower ages, the backfires are more often.

I have a fix.  I'm going to put a shut-off valve in the fuel line.  I've
never had a lawnmower backfire when it runs out of gas.

paul

--
    http://remsset.com

    "It's been so long since I've had sex, I've
    forgotten who ties up whom."  - Joan Rivers