TheBanyanTree: Life Stories 127

Roger Pye pyewood at pcug.org.au
Mon Jan 22 01:23:42 PST 2007

Did I ever tell you about my tutu? Beautiful it was, white, frothy and
flummoxing and I wore it three times a week after school for about a
month. It may only have been a week or so but it seemed like a month to
me at the dizzy and most interesting age of six. Whatever possessed my
mother to enrol me in Mrs Emmy Jorrock's Supreme Ballet Dancing Academy
61 years ago I shall never know because after I left in virtual
disgrace, being encumbered with feet which had a penchant for falling
over themselves, the subject thankfully never raised its head again.
More fortunate for me but not appreciated at the time was the fact that
no one from the private primary school I attended was enrolled at the
academy despite it being but a stone's throw away!

roger

Tobie Shapiro wrote:
> January 21, 2000007>
>
> Ballroom Dancing
   But you know, this is a crock.  You can bill it