TheBanyanTree: Roll Call Reunion

Roger Pye pyewood at pcug.org.au
Sun Jan 14 21:58:29 PST 2007

It was 13th March 1997 when Robin and I got our first 'story' from Spoon
- boy, what a humdinger it was, straight from someone who over the next
two-and-a-half years would inspire us, make us laugh and cry by turns.
As far as I remember my first contribution other than an intro was a
story about a teddy bear called Oskar. Only I and Robin knew it was the
first story I had ever written to be deliberately read by other people.
Since then there have been many tales of a Woodcat and I hope there'll
be a lot more but it's likely none of it would have happened without the
encouragement which came from Wes and Youngblood and Julie and so many,
many more, then and since.

On that far off day it was Stargazer who came into our lives - never,
really, to leave. In fact if I close my eyes and concentrate I can
almost hear the big Harley coming down the street: