TheBanyanTree: empty nest 2

PJMoney pmon3694 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 15 02:21:09 PST 2007

Sub-Lt Seano went back to Sydney at 00:30 on Sunday morning.  He'd been home
for 4 weeks.

He's funny.  He's noisy.  (The house is so quiet now.)  He's opinionated.
Apparently his DO described him as a "larrikin".  I love him to bits.

Barring some awful, unexpected, possibly impossible event those 4 weeks were
the last weeks he would ever live with us.  He may be back in about three
months but if that happens he will be living in Navy accommodation somewhere
distant from here.  Maybe it will be at HMAS Coonawarra.  More likely
(according to him) it will be at Robertson Barracks.  But given what the
Navy plans, and what he plans, it won't be here.

I can understand that.  Sure.  He's 22 now and has his own life to live.

Pardon me while I weep for my loss.

Janice