TheBanyanTree: Roll Call Reunion

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 19:56:12 PST 2007

I went looking for an old Spoon roll call and found what I
think may have been the first.  It was like opening a time
capsule, going to a high school reunion and looking through
the yearbook.  It felt like many more years than 10 had
passed.   What a snapshot of youngblood, for those of you
who have only heard about her..

The contributor's list in those days began with  "Today's
Specials:"  Apropos for a cafe, eh?   The sheer volume of
interest in back then was astounding -there were almost 40
contributions in that digest containing the roll call post,
and 21 responses to the call.  Makes me wonder how
youngblood could say "It's just too durn quiet in here."

What I want to do is share this treasure and hear the
recollections it stirs.  New folks can accept Youngblood's
invitation to the open mic.  Welcome to a rich tradition:

Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 17:14:41 -0600
Subject: Spoon: Roll Call

WHOOH ... WHOOH...  *tap*  *tap*   ....

CAN YA HEAR ME OUT THERE, IS THIS MIC WORKIN'?

We're gonna have roll call now, everybody.  It's just too
durn quiet in here.

Wes?
Julie?
Dee?
Cecil?
Tobiekins?
Mari?
Mary?
Peter?
Juanita?
Sidda?
Kevin?
LL?
Marc?
Gregg?
Forrest?
Sanchez?
rt6?
Tom?
Papa Luigi?
Lachy?
Jane?
Jane?
Gail?
Madd Jack?
Rejnald?
Howling Wolf?
Red Wolf?
White Wolf?
All other colors of wolves?

Hey, you guys, what's going on?

I'll bet we have some new folks who haven't introduced
themselves, too.
Okay, it's Open Mic Night at the Spoon, ladies and
gentlemen. Step right
up!

Who'll be first?

peace&love,