TheBanyanTree: blogging

paul paul at remsset.com
Tue Jan 9 21:37:31 PST 2007

Blogging seems to be the new thing.  I don't see how it's so great.  I
mean, the software looks to be fun to play with.  But unless you have a
really cool website that gets a lot of traffic, who's gonna read what ya
write?  I suspect my "old fart side" is showing here.

I have a website.  Best I can tell from the web log stuff, I get
about 1800 visitors a month and 1200 are search robots.  It works out to
about 60 visitors a day.  That sounds good but robots don't count.  But
I know my site sucks.  Any suggestions to un-suckify my site other than
deleting the darn thing would be very much appreciated.  I don't think
adding a blog will help, I'm not a prolific writer.

Anyway.  Those of you that have blogs and don't bother posting to the
Tree...   because it's a pain to post twice... or whatever the reason...
please post a little note saying you've updated your site/blog.

Yes, I know this breaks the "post a story" rule.

But you are here and we want to read your stories.

I have an idea.  Send me the link to your blog or web site and I'll add
it to a simple page linked off of http://thebanyantree.remsset.com .  I
can add that link to the list's footer that is attached to every message.

Then when you update your blog you can post a little reminder to the Tree.

We don't have to be strictly e-mail, do we?

paul
    http://remsset.com

    I plan on living forever.
    So far, so good.