TheBanyanTree: A clarification regarding posts

Sachet sachet at alltel.net
Wed Jan 3 08:35:07 PST 2007

To clarify, since some people are concerned or confused.

Post whatever you want as long as it's yours. That is written in the Tree
welcome. If you don't like what someone posts, you can tell them. *Offlist*

That's why we have replies set to go to the writer by default and not to the
Tree. (It didn't happen by accident.) Or better yet, simply use your delete key and move on.

If you as a writer want to kindly convey that you are
aware of differing points of view then please do highlight in the
Subject line what you are posting about that might be viewed as
controversial, especially anything political. Most people will sincerely
appreciate your thoughtfulness. That way they can make the choice whether or not
to read it and not be taken by surprise.

If you read a post, and you don't like it, don't bring your anger to the list.
If you want to write something on the subject take the time to consider your words.

If you have a complaint or a concern, send your email to: thebanyantree-owner at remsset.com. That way all the moderators will be able to read your post and offer assistance.

And you know what? When you read posts that you do like and you admire the writer's skill, keep in mind that people like to hear that, too.
Personally, we think that's a better focus.