TheBanyanTree: For a young friend

Russ Doden Russ at nogard4cd.com
Fri Feb 23 07:18:32 PST 2007

I have a young friend that I enjoy visiting with.  She is an old soul in a
young body in many ways, and kind of "freaks out" a lot of her peers.
She is something like 35 years my junior so there is no romantic
nonsense going on, just the acknowledgment of a "peer" in many
other ways.  I'm the "elder" for a group of young people who are
seeking spiritual growth and this young friend keeps them off
balance which is what they need, or they don't pay attention to what
they are doing.  We laugh that we double team them when they
aren't looking.  The leader of this group of people teases us that we
often seem to "disappear" before the eyes of people even though we
are still there.  I wrote this, kind of to her, and kind of an
acknowledgment of who I am too.  Friends like this are rare and
treasured.

Russ

You are mid spring, and I am late fall

You are mid spring full of renewed power
You are the undying woodland fey Queen
Who sits among the trees and bracken
Calling to the life force of the woods.

Things living and past hear your call
They come to you quietly but with force
They honor your power and give power to you
You carry this power quietly with dignity.

You disappear before those who are blind
Choosing at will to not be seen by the unseeing
You favor those who can see with a glimpse
In that brief time blinding radiance shines.

 I am late fall carrying the ancient power of life
I speak to the stone people hearing their words
My throne is nowhere yet everywhere there is life
Quiet and deep, like the stones of turtle island.

All things have life and can speak if you listen
Quietly the stone people speak ancient wisdom
Power is in the air lifting the feathered ones
I hear them call to me daring me to fly.

I thrust my energy out around me like a shield
Letting very few past the protective layers
Those who can't see must chose to look away
The mirror of my light hurts fearful eyes.

Together we are fearsome and hold great power
Blinding Light hidden by simple strong will
People who are fearful quietly slide away
As we wink out of this plane to other places.