TheBanyanTree: Ouch

Stew Young youngmarketing at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 09:28:50 PST 2007

Speaking of falling down...

Do you know why toast always lands butter side down? It's because if it
didn't, we'd all be brain damaged.

Apparently, we were designed to be of a certain height -- about 5'8 to 6'.
Because of this, kitchen counters are designed at a certain height. And at
this height, toast flips over a half turn to land butter side down.

If we were any taller, counters would be higher, allowing the toast to flip
over more than a half flip, and landing butter side up. However if we were
taller, when we fell over, we would do significantly more damage to our
skulls. As it is, our skulls can survive a fall from 5;8 to 6; pretty
nicely.

At least that's how Scientific American explained it years ago.

Food (toast) for thought.

--
Check out my eBay auctions and store at
http://stores.ebay.com/YMS-Book-Shelf