TheBanyanTree: Reprehensible **Warning - Rant about irresponsible dog owners**

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 09:35:31 PDT 2007

On 25 Aug 2007 Margaret R. Kramer wrote:

> After those two experiences, I know dangerous dogs.  I know what theyTMre
> like.  I also know that the owners are the cause of those dogs attacking
> people.

This is the most important statement you made.  It is OWNERS who make
a bad dog.  Yes, very rarely, you get a dog who is just nuts.  Schizophrenic
or something, that will bite without provocation.  Rarely.  I'm a vet tech, and
I've worked in shelters.  Every "bad" dog we ever had to euthanize was
made bad by a bad owner.  Owners who beat the dogs to "make them
mean".  Owners who torment a chained dog to "make it guard" the home it
is never allowed into. Owners who tire of their dogs, and chain them in the
yard or lock them in an unused room with no food or water, until the
animals die of starvation or dehydration.  Sick, sick, people.  Some days I
wish we could euthanize the owners, and save the dogs.  Not all the time - I
know there are far more wonderful owners out there than bad, but the bad
ones are *really* bad.

There will never be peace on this earth until humans learn to respect their
fellow creatures.  It has been proven that a human who abuses animals will
abuse his or her fellow humans.  I have three dogs, all of whom would die
to protect my family and property.  Never once have I beaten or tormented
any of them.  They protect us out of love.  And if you are one of those sad
people who thinks that animals don't love, or don't have souls, then I feel
very sorry for you.

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com