TheBanyanTree: bridges to bridges

TL Wagener tlwagener at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 11:02:28 PDT 2007

>>>It's funny to be in the center of the national news.  We rarely are and
it
was almost embarrassing to see Minneapolis lead the news stories for the
past few days.<<<

Here in L.A., you get used to it. :-  I've heard people say how nice it is
that the most recent disaster did NOT occur here.

The city has sent a cadre of experts to Minneapolis.  We have many folks who
figure and fix and retrofit structures every day.  And study failures.  And
make things stronger.

That's not on the news.  But it's nice to know L.A.'s experience with
endless disasters may help others in their terrible times.

Sidda