TheBanyanTree: Off of my 'to do' list

auntie sash auntiesash at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:30:25 PDT 2007

I've been thinking all week that I should go by the Alzheimer's facility -
where my mom had been living.  We hadn't reclaimed her 'stuff'.  Just some
bedding and a few personal things.  Oh, and all her "teletubby" clothes that
I'd hoped to just leave there as a donation to the community closet.
Unfortunately (although that is not really my call) they have had many
passings there in the last 8 weeks.  Their closets are all full up.

OK.

So I thought about it but I haven't made it over all week because, frankly,
I've been afraid to leave my office at lunch for fear I would eat Taco
Bell.

Not eat AT Taco Bell, but actually EAT Taco Bell.
It's been that kind of week.

This morning there was no way I was gonna get a lunch packed.  The boy child
had to do breakfast because I'm completely NON-ambidextrous and my right
hand is out of commission.  Knowing I'd have to go out for lunch anyway, I
grabbed the photo albums from mom's service - just in case I could make it
happen.

So I just got back.

The director was there and seemed happy to see me.  She and the nurse
coordinator lady sat and looked through all the picture.  They were really
glad that I brought them in.

Then the director told me she was planning to call us this weekend.  They
had just left
everything in mom's room, but now they have a resident to move in there on
Monday.  My timing was impeccable.

They had removed her bed (thank Hecate) but everything else was still as it
had been.  I bundled up her clothes and bedding.  There are now 3 huge bags
of dead person stuff in my car.

I burned sweet grass the whole drive back.

>From her wall, I have the portrait of my sister that mom ordered about 20
years ago.  We call it the shrine.  It's about 40" x 30" (Don't know what
we'll do with that.  Maybe if she acquires a stalker someday??)

They found one of the missing gargoyle bookends.  One of mom's last mail
order purchases.  They didn't find the Indian maiden sculpture.  Or the two
photo albums.

They cashed out her remaining "mad money" - around $80.  Funny term to use
at an Alzheimer's facility.

I told them to call us when they found the albums and that we may stop by
again to look or say goodbye or whatever.  The director gave me a hug.  The
little rat dog growled at me.  I once again resisted barking at him.  Those
double locked doors always keep me in check.  I want to leave.

Then, since I hadn't gone to the bank, I let mom buy me a huge order of
fries at Wendy's.

It was that or get stoned....

Bags will be in my garage if anyone...whatever....

sash
--
Your work is to discover your world
and then - with all your heart -