TheBanyanTree: stories part 2

Pam North pam.north at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 06:32:42 PDT 2006

Bonnie wrote:

"About a year and a half ago I was run over by a car........ About the only
thing I remember of the accident itself is after, when I was lying on the
ground, suddenly looking up and seeing all these good looking EMT's and
firemen surrounding me"

Ah-HA!  This brings back a memory.  Well, actually, it's a memory of a
fantasy I used to have....

Having grown up in the seventies, I was a fan of Bobby Sherman's.  For many,
the name may mean nothing, but for others, just the name brings back
memories of afternoons spent swooning as we carefully cut out every teensy
picture of him we could in "Teen Beat" magazine, and carefully pasted them
to our walls, so the first thing every morning, and the last thing every
night, we saw that face and dreamed of love....   :)  He was one of the
originals... a "bubble-gum King"!!!  Perhaps others of you may remember his
rival at the time, David Cassidy!

Anyway... as happens, Bobby lost popularity, got old, and went on to another
life.  *I* have never forgotten my loyalty though, and to this day, my
'favorite singer' is Bobby Sherman!

In his other life, in became an EMT, and then eventually the sheriff of some
California town.  And this is what I 'dreamed':

I'd be driving along while visiting in California, have some kind of
accident - NOTHING life-threatening, and preferably nothing involving blood
or needles (HEY!  it's MY fantasy!!), and I'd stop breathing.  (NOT long
enough to cause any permanent damage mind you....)  Just long enough for
Bobby The EMT to have to kneel over me and perform mouth-to-mouth!

So that when *I* woke up, my only memory would be of Bobby Sherman 'kissing'

Yeah... I know... some folks just don't *ever* want to grow up!!!

Pam