TheBanyanTree: This is My Country

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Tue Nov 14 07:27:32 PST 2006

In a message dated 11/11/2006 9:39:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
margaretkramer at comcast.net writes:

I have  my country back again!  I woke up the morning after Election Day  with
a smile on my face and there was peace in my heart.  The American  voters who
disappointed me in 2000 by electing Bush as President, although  I think that
election was fixed, and re-elected him in 2004, another fixed  election, came
through this past Tuesday, perhaps the GOP couldn’t fix this  election, and
voted the Democrats into power, not just in Congress, but  also in the
statehouses.  What a night!

Florida does it again. Remember the "hanging chad" and all that inane
nonsense?  Well, there was a close contest between the Rep and Dem  candidates for
Congress.  Since the margin was so small, a recall is  mandatory. Now, they
have election judges counting each and every ballot, with  magnifying glasses,
looking to be assured of the intent of the voter amid  crossouts, blurs, little
ovals NOT totally blacked in, and. yes, hanging  chads.

Voting has become the season opening to months of comedy and  errors.

Trouble is:  I like one because of his/her stand on Gulf oil  exploration,
another for his/her stand on abortion, or Social Security, or any  number of
issues. I study, do research, read all the fine print, ignore the  damning
campaign ads, and then vote, . .only to have my single vote examined  under a magni
fying glass, to determine my intent.

 Sheesh!!!