TheBanyanTree: Cream of the Crop

maria gibson spaceforone at gmail.com
Sun May 21 10:05:23 PDT 2006

I try to find the best part of everyone I meet.  I think it's one of the
best parts of me.  Whatever is shared; whatever may be inherently displayed,
I find it an honor to discover and enjoy that piece which reveals a rich
humanity.  It hurts when I sometimes can't find that exquisite part but I
can only take that which is given; sometimes freely and sometimes with quiet
observation.  It feels as if I haven't tried hard enough when that happens
because I know it's there.  It's in all of us.

I care for and treasure so little anymore.  It it doesn't breath, I could
take or leave it.  Nothing is to be taken seriously but people and how they
feel and the roles we play in one another's lives.  I need air, water and
nourishment to exist; I need people to live.  I crave the raw emotion which
can hurt me to depths I am often unaware go quite that deep but I know I'm
alive to feel it.  It think it's one of the best parts of me.

I treasure those who have taken the time to find those things in me.  I give
them.  Please take them.  It's the only reason we're here together.  I have
faults; all of us do.  I have been blessed to be surrounded by those who
look past them, forgive the ugliness and love me despite it all.  They
searched for and found what makes me a fun person to be with, a great friend
to have and one in whom time is worth investing.  They dug for or simply
soaked in my heart and soul and reached past what will disappear when my
dust joins theirs at the end of time.

Makes up for those who find it and nearly squeeze the life from me for the
taking.

Maria