TheBanyanTree: If I've Said it Once

maria gibson spaceforone at gmail.com
Thu May 18 19:32:40 PDT 2006

Look.

I don't want, need, desire a long term or traditional relationship.  I had a
perfectly fine one of those animals just fifteen minutes down the road and
had to let it go.  Wasn't sure at the time why I was so willing to do that
but it has become clearer each day I have been away. It was stifling for me,
turns out, and so I am not only not seeking such another animal, I am
actively unseeking it.

Here's what I want.

I want to see you a couple of times a week for fun and games, a good time to
be had by all.  I want you to look forward to it and anticipate it as much
as I do.  I want you to think about it and get a quick delicious shiver down
your spine.  I want to sometimes meet for a drink and shoot the shit about
everything and nothing as we play footsies under the table and gently caress
with fingertips and eyes.  I want to take the occasional trip to the beach
for a day or weekend and watch the sun rise and set, play in the waves, bake
in the hot sun and eat cold chicken in a cooling bed.  I want to stroll the
boardwalk and have you lag behind to check out my ass and then get close and
nuzzle my neck whispering of what you'll be doing later.  I want your voice
so soft in my left ear begging me to let go, let it happen as you move
slowly, your whole weight pressing me into the down.  Intertwined toes, arms
encircling mine from behind and above; gentle, firm, excrutiatingly tender
insistance joining gutteral enjoyment.

I don't want a boyfriend.

I want you and I to live the other five days a week without having to
explain every movement.  I don't want demands, laundry or bills or shared
offspring.  I want to enjoy the good of us, discuss until the wee hours the
least of us and then fall back into newly learned niches of nudity, discover
new territories, have coffee in the morning and then kiss goodbye.  For
today.  For a few days.  And then start all over again.

I need quasi-intimacy.  Nothing more and nothing less.

Maria