TheBanyanTree: Skunk Picnic

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 07:33:34 PDT 2006

Yesterday afternoon I heard Barbara scream out in the front
yard and went out to investigate.  It was about 6pm, still
quite light out, and a family of skunks was walking around
in a tight circle in our front and making little chuttering
noises.  Ma and Pa skunk were taking the kids out for a
picnic.

After a while they leisurely moved over a couple feet and
went under Barbara's car.  I grabbed my camera and laid down
prone in the gutter and crawled up slowly to try to get a
good picture.

The skunks never acted threatened or particularly concerned,
and because they didn't, I didn't.  I think they were eating
some weed seeds in a crack in our driveway.  A while after
taking pictures and going back inside the house, the skunks
had gone on.

In peace.

You can see the picture at http://tinyurl.com/n2jxe
thanks to Sachet.