TheBanyanTree: Marching Forth

jeri bates jeribates at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 2 17:47:20 PST 2006

Peter Macinnis wrote:

> Your northern swing is our southern roundabout.
>
> Today, when I sat at the computer, I found the rising sun had moved
> across the sky to a point where it finds a gap beside the house up the
> hill at the back, so that it slants into my eyes.
>
> I sighed and found the folder I have not needed in some months, and set
> it on top of the radio on the windowsill, so that the sun was blocked.
>
> In two weeks, the setting sun will reflect off the windows of the house
> at the back, and I will need the folder twice a day for several weeks,
> then I can set it aside until spring.
>
> A few birds have left or stopped calling, but most hang around.  With
> our bland and sea-buffered climate, flowers will continue to bloom. but
> there is a downward trend in the cycle.
>
> The television news is full of too much information about the groin
> muscles of footballers.
>
> Winter looms, but not winter as you know it.
>
> Nonetheless, I will need shoes in a month or two.

We are now finding daffodils, crocus, tulips. The snowdrops have
finished for the season. The spring birds have not all arrived yet, but
I heard two red-winged blackbirds disputing territory last week.

The plum and cherry trees are blooming cheerfully, there is a patch of
delft blue outside my window. I have faith. Spring is going to arrive
after all.

I am relieved that, as I age, the years go faster, so I am always
looking forward to spring or autumn, and able to  ignore the rest  of
the  year.

Jeri