TheBanyanTree: personal revelations: ten things I have learned

Mike Pingleton pingleto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 20:40:23 PST 2006

What things, if any, have you learned in this life?  What hard-earned facts
can you share?  What revelations, either from blows to the head, or from
those small dark places in the night when sleep won't come, can you
encapsulate?

Can you use those things in a sentence?
Can you make ten sentences?

I'll show you mine; then you show me yours.

ten personal revelations

1. home is where the house is.
2. love is rarely linear, but sex almost always is.
3. life is thick, time is thin.
4. never get involved in a land war in Asia.
5. take language for a lover, and make foreplay your forte'.
6. the pot is nothing without the hole.
7. one poop in the woods will quickly teach you to value civilization.
8. even so, nature is good.
9. eschew the dominant cultural paradigm.
10. never sneeze with a cat on your lap.

Mike